animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

'GriMagia' on Indiegogo - August 20 2014

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

'GriMagia' on Indiegogo - August 20 2014

Postby Charles » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:12 am

I'm happy and excited to feature this project. It's a campaign on Indiegogo created by a team of young artists / entrepreneurs. Among them my long time student Kiana Mosser. She's a very talented young lady who is the Art Director, Editor, and an Artist on the project.

"GriMagia: Monster Girl Card Game" was launched 2 days ago. It features beautifully rendered characters that are anime sexy and there's plenty of them. Their goal is $13,000 and so far they're making good headway with August 20 2014 as their deadline.

This is a direction I've been encouraging my students to move towards. Embracing the opportunities that crowdfunding presents and I'm happy to see Kiana and her colleagues heading that way.

Consider supporting this project if you would please and help spread the word about GriMagia through your networks.

Here's a look at the project along with a link to the campaign...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grim ... card-game/

Daily Z

Charles

Re: 'GriMagia' on Indiegogo - August 20 2014

Postby Charles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:47 am

With 10 days left in the GriMagia campaign on Indiegogo, Kiana Mosser and her team have just reached their $13,000 goal.

A group of high school aged artists have succeeded in their first crowdfunding venture. What a great way to start a professional career!

Daily Z

Charles

Re: 'GriMagia' on Indiegogo - August 20 2014

Postby Charles » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:50 am

Here's the final tally for GriMagia...

$27,521 raised of a $13,000 goal through 468 funders.

The girl who spearheaded this project is only 17 years old. She's been my student since she was a kid and in that time we've been discussing the advantages and opportunities in crowdfunding. Now she has her first campaign under her belt and a successful one at that. More than doubling the amount her and her team were shooting for.

If she can achieve this at 17 imagine what she'll be able to do when she's 25.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion