Re: Princess Mononoke?King and I

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave. on March 28, 1999 at 01:43:05:

In Reply to: Princess Mononoke?King and I posted by Matthew Sullivan on March 28, 1999 at 01:02:59:

I can tell you thjat Tarzan was slated as a Disney B feature a few years ago at Disney TV.

: I know this website probably isn't geared towards discussions of films, but I would like to point out that among many feature animation houses there is not much originality in the various projects currently under production and in development. Although much of the artwork is gorgeous to look at and the animation can be top-notch I feel pressed to point out just how many times TARZAN has been made. Couldn't we try a little harder to do something that has NEVER been done? The same goes for Rich entertainments " The King and I " A classic movie starring ol' Yul does not need to be remade as a song filled Disneyesque dissapointment. We, the American animation community, are stagnating, while Japanese animation such as Princess Mononoke shows just what motivated artists can do. Let's throw off the shackles of corporate kiddie fodder and musical madness and instead try for the HUGE ADULT AUDIENCE THAT REALLY DOES EXIST, IF YOU ACTUALLY PROMOTE THE MOVIE.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]