Keep your chin up, Tom.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on March 25, 1999 at 18:17:50:

In Reply to: ARRRGGHHH! posted by Tom B. on March 25, 1999 at 17:04:39:

Not everything is what it appears to be.

There is a great awareness of this website among many people, including executives. There are a lot of artists who are getting involved. I agree that apathy within our community is a problem, but attitudes are rapidly changing. It'll just take a little longer with some than it does with others.

This is a grass roots movement. The Union is not responsible for this website. They have a "no strike" clause in the contract with the studios. As such, they can't get directly involved in the organization of the event on April 1, or be perceived as having anything to do with it although I wish that weren't the case. But many influential artists from Local 839 will be there regardless of the lack of acknowledgment in the Peg Board which in my opinion, was a big mistake. Although not as big a mistake as a no strike clause. Much of what I'm talking about has to do with making the Union stronger and they are not helping me by keeping Animation Nation a secret.

I think that things within the Union are going to change. A lot of artists are angry like you and plan on confronting the Union's leadership. That's the best course of action. Get involved in helping to initiate change within the Union. If artists like you don't put the pressure on, it will continue to be business as usual.

In all fairness, the artists that are helping me the most with this movement are all Union members.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]