Lets get back our future.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean on March 22, 1999 at 23:29:07:

I have been in this industry for a while and I have seen some crazy things. I've seen extremely poor management. I've seen artists worked to the bone. Myself included. I've seen very prosperous people who employ us and I see artists struggling to make ends meet.

I'm tired of working like a dog for 5 months of the year on crunch time. In the end, I find myself on unemployment. It's not a matter of how good or bad you are. There are a lot of really good people out of work right now. The way that the public sees animation, they don't realize the hardships that many artists have to go through.

I think it's great that artists are standing up for themselves. Through the years, I've noticed that many artists are scared to do anything about what they deal with. Talking to friends that are working in the studios, it seems to be getting worse for us. This is the time for us to get together and find a way to create something new. Do we want to keep working for studios like this? We should be starting independent studios.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]