Re: In general

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Gordon on March 22, 1999 at 09:03:04:

In Reply to: Re: In general posted by Dave Brewster on March 21, 1999 at 01:34:19:

Hi Dave:

I agree with most of the points that you make and even some that Charles makes.
My concerns are that we not be blind to the fact that animators are not necessarily any more aware of what the public wants to see than are non-artist producers.
I don't think projects that animators loved (ie: Thief and Cobbler and Cats Can't dance) were connected to the film goers pulse anymore than were Quest or King and I (course I could be wrong about King, but I doubt it).
We still have to remeber that regardless of whether animators are happy or not it's the public who decides which film is a hit. Even Disney can't force a hit (ie: Hercules) if the public doesn't like it.
And if the film isn't a hit that's it. Someone is going to blame someone and many non-artists take the hit along with the artists.
I am interested in hearing solutions. I haven't heard any yet and, frankly, I can't think of any.
Hell, I wish I could find a way to keep artists from stabbing each other in the back jsut so their position won't be threatened.
This alone would be a miracle.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]