Re: COME ON WARNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU REALLY DID IT!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Mitchell on August 12, 1999 at 18:31:13:

In Reply to: COME ON WARNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! posted by DAVE BREWSTER on August 12, 1999 at 01:22:08:

: I'm tired of bashing people. Tired of blame. Here is what I want. I want Warners to make commercial with all the best reviews quoted in print over top of the commercial.

DAVE, THE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE. I'm not here to bash or trash people. Warners' is in a terrific position to create and market great animation, yet they choose to not to. They have what is the beginnings of a beautiful division, delivering competent fresh new animated productions, which would serve them in many different ways, yet they ignore the possibilities.

There's hardly any time left for a strong word of mouth to develop (much like Blair Witch did). The limited campaigning that some of you are after on the internet will just reach the small amount of animation die hards out there. Turning this picture around at the box office will require a major effort that must reach the tabloids and the evening news shows. Starting such a campaign will take too long. Warners can turn around the Giant instantly by going all out this weekend and promoting it in prime time and on radio.

Considering Warners 'tight' thinking, I think that such an action would be a miracle.

It's sad, but unless there is a major turnaround this weekend, The Giant will be dead. I really hope it does rebound, but whether it wins or fails, let us use this as an example of why we need to go in a different direction.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]