Re: Maybe...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on August 11, 1999 at 14:08:16:

In Reply to: Re: Maybe... posted by Mad animator on August 11, 1999 at 02:06:12:

I really do try and give them the benefit of the doubt, but it gets more difficult for me as time goes on. I look for signs of improvement on their part, but the executives in this industry do nothing but continually prove their ineptitude and stupidity.

There is simply no excuse for them not to have given Iron Giant the marketing support that it's due. Especially a film as highly anticipated as this one. They should have been prepared for this months ago. They should have seen what a fantastic product they had on their hands, but I suppose that's asking too much from the intellectually challenged.

How can people so lacking in the fundamental skills of management, production and long term strategic planning rise to such heights in animation? You would think that they would have learned some lessons from "Quest". You would think that "Space Jam" would have been some solid basic training for them. There is the tremendous history of Warner Brothers, a studio with a legacy in animation second only to Disney, to say nothing of their vast experience and successes in live action. You would think that somewhere within the company there's an infrastructure set up to give a film like this one some backing.

I lost what little respect I had for these people long ago. You would think that the media would wise up to these idiotic donkey butts. You would think that somewhere along the line, someone or something other than this web site would address this problem and give this issue the attention that it's due instead of reinforcing the illusion of their competence.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]