Re: Three Features

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on August 03, 1999 at 13:15:21:

In Reply to: Re: Three Features posted by on August 02, 1999 at 16:09:24:

And one cannot deny the studio is
: cleaning house.

As well everyone must realized that DreamWorks overstaffed to finish ElDorado. The story changes involved long waits for work so more animators were brought on to make up the time loss. The downsizing of the staff is actually bringing it back to it's original staff level. Anyone they let go is because of that.

: animators are now looking at the films, not the studio
: I feel. Who wouldn't want to jump aboard
: Brad's next film. Osmosis Jones sounds like fun, but
: it's all a personal choice. I've always been more
: attracted to the people on a project than the studio
: producing it.

Everytime I make a less than "secure" choice (like leaving DW) I am never sure if it's the right choice but I feel driven to do it. I think they have the correct staff and a great shot. You have to ask yourself what you feel you can contribute and in my case I felt it was very little as it wasn't my area of interest. I wish I felt differently but as with all of us I don't think you can force (or should force) yourself to do work you feel no attraction to.

: SPIRIT is a gutsy movie, is has a clear vision
: storywise, but is probably something not everyone
: wants to work on, why, maybe it's being afraid
: of exploring new territory, who knows.

What I love about DreamWorks is it is always different challenge. I have faith that they are going to make it a great movie. I know it will be. I dont think it's with any doubt of that at all. To me it's like a choice of house you live in for the next 2 years. You have to feel you fit it .

: As for the rumors, yeah, I've heard them D.B...all
: too often and from the same people, seems many of
: my associates over at the Mouse still want the
: studio to fry...heck if I know why..

Those people confuse the studio with the people running it. Disney to me is all the people who make the films, not the head of the company. If wished the studio to "fry" I would be wishing unemployment for people I love as well as the one person I might dislike. That would be silly. Hatred is too destructive and consuming to waste time with. It damages the innocent far more than bringing justice to the guilty.

.we are all in
: this business together and we've heard it all too
: often, when one film succeeds we all do...if Tarzan
: had failed, could anyone have guessed what might
: have happened to future productions at Disney???

: The future looks great frankly, but we should always
: be looking over our shoulder to see what we might
: have missed.

As always, we have more things in common than we have differences. No one has to like the others films but we should all keep in mind that we are lucky to be able to do this for a living. It is a wonderful job.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]