Changing Times

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on July 18, 1999 at 23:05:46:

Last week, I got a call from someone I had worked with before at a major animation studio in L.A. Most of the work they do is CGI and they have experienced tremendous growth in the last few years. The number of people on staff is such that they now have the capacity to handle large scale production, the kind associated with features or a series. By the way, this studio is artist owned and started out as a small operation not too long ago.

They had been approached by a fellow who used to be an executive at a couple of well known studios in town that produced traditional animation for years, mostly for TV. From what I was told, this guy was an attorney turned animation executive. Now he was striking out on his own, looking to get someone to do production on a new series he was trying to get off the ground.

The person who called me had a simple question. He wanted to know if I had ever heard of this guy before and if I did, what I thought of him. He was calling several artists that he knew to get their feedback before the studio proceeded in their discussions with him.

So watch out you attorney turned big shot animation producers. Think twice about what you do and the way you do it. Respect the artists you encounter during your careers. You never know who'll be getting in touch with us to see if you've been naughty or nice.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]