Re: No Schmooze is Bad News

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian on June 29, 1999 at 11:36:18:

In Reply to: Re: Execs in Training posted by Jon on June 28, 1999 at 07:29:56:

: Brian, you may have read a certain intonation into my message that wasn't there when I typed it. StarToons has a few flunkies, like any company, but, no, I trust my business matters to someone who enjoys dealing with that stuff. And I only intervene when I see him/her heading in the wrong direction. I KNOW i don't want to have to do that stuff 40 hours a week.

Jon, it's the same here. I don't want to deal with numbers. Just give me some elbow room and let me be creative. I always thought you had a good crew from both sides of that fence, and that's why I made the Flunky crack. Every organization has its' Flunkies (man, this word sounds worse every time its' used, like some bad cereal or something). By the way, colleges should offer classes in SCHMOOZATION and KISSUPOLOGY. It seems like most deals are made at lunches, dinners, over drinks, and at the golf course. I don't think I'm very good at that Schmoozing thing at all although I think I get by. Walt Disney had that natural charisma to charm almost everybody he met. I heard that at meetings outside the company, he would walk into a room and would literally own it. But of course, he wasn't infallible. My big selling point is my sincere enthusiasm for doing this wonderful cartoon animation, but sometimes executives look at me like I have macaroni coming out of my ears.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]