Re: Tyranosaurus Wrecks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon on June 27, 1999 at 11:14:41:

In Reply to: Tyranosaurus Wrecks posted by Charles on June 26, 1999 at 20:44:16:

LOL - Tyrannosaurus Wrecks! I like that! I think I'm seeing a new Saturday morning series there ... Tyrannosaurus Wrecks, a bunch of screwed-up dinosaurs who eventually cause their own extinction through wacky misadventures at lunch.

Yeah, Charles, I know. I always thank my stars that I don't have to deal with those guys (although the lack of contact has distinct disadvantages too). You guys are bubbling with power, and it's being fizzled out from the "OverLords" in suits. That's gotta be really frustrating.

I'm not sure I agree that "hired hands" can fulfill the needed functions, though. My "hired hands" are constantly letting things slip through the cracks. That's because people who do what they're told ... JUST do what they're told.

The "suits" in LA probably think the director should just get a bunch of "hired hands" to do the film. But if animators aren't putting creative energy into it, the film will suck. Sure, animators can pass off work to assistants, checkers, and cel-painters (that is, digital technicians, nowadays), but it really DOES require somebody taking the bull by the horns to get the job done right.

Good help is hard to find. Know what I mean?

So again, all I'm saying is, let's look for ways to mutually respect our suit-brothers' functions.

And yes, that must be awfully hard if he doesn't respect yours.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]