Obsolete dinosaurs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon on June 26, 1999 at 13:02:44:

In Reply to: What's been going on posted by Charles on June 25, 1999 at 22:29:42:

Just for the sake of discussion, and at the risk of being attacked again as an evil outsider, doesn't it behoove us to allow for animation executives as having legitimate functions? I mean, as far as needing someone to coordinate, oversee the business aspect, etc?

Let's say all the suits died tomorrow (here, here, you say). Then we find some animator who wouldn't be better employed drawing, and put him in charge of all that stuff. And he does an outstanding job! Spectacular business savvy. An eye to the future. Juggling funds like a master. Arranging for payments to the studio, payroll, insurance on the film, etc. AND ... not only sensitive to artistic demands, as an ex-animator, he actually anticipates them. He plans well, executes well, and has the confidence of the artistic team.

So doesn't that guy end up being a GOOD exec? And isn't that really what we all want?

But once he gets that label (as an exec), would he retain your loyalty? Or, simply because he has changed functions, would he become a hated outcast? Or should we just vote on all that stuff?

We shouldn't get too distraught about misinformation in the media (nor too elated about good words from Roger Ebert). Bad press comes and goes. You know that, Charles.

By the way, if I come out to LA over the next couple of weeks, where do I look you up, my man?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]