Re: A CALL TO OUR LEADERS, VISIONARIES AND REBELS!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gene Vandervoort on June 25, 1999 at 10:20:20:

In Reply to: A CALL TO OUR LEADERS, VISIONARIES AND REBELS! posted by Charles on March 24, 1999 at 15:55:58:

: Are you one of the leaders in the animation industry? Are you a prominent artist within the studio system that others look to and follow? Are you a Union leader? Are you influential at a non-union studio? Are you a motivated independent? Do you care about yourself? Do you care about others? Are you concerned about the issues brought up here on Animation Nation? Do you want to get involved in something pro-active to turn things around in our industry? Are you concerned about our art form?

: Are you an inbetweener, a clean-up or breakdown artist? Are you an animator or a production designer? Are you in production management and have a respect for the artists you work with?

: Are you an animation student? An animation teacher? Do you believe in the future of animation?

: Then come to the Sportsmen's Lodge on Thursday, April 1st in Studio City at 1:00 P.M.! Take the time and make the effort to become part of this historic event! Your presence will make a big difference!

: Artists from Disney Features, Dreamworks, Warner Features, Warner TV, Disney TV, Nickelodeon, Sony Colombia Tristar, Film Roman, Klasky Csupo, Rough Draft, Saban, artists from virtually every animation studio in town will be present, as well as the animation media.

: Let's have some fun with this! Let's all get together in one big room, meet each other, do a bit of executive bashing and talk about the new opportunities opening up for animation.

: Don't be afraid to be militant! It's healthy and necessary as long as you remain professional.

: Let's make a nice, big statement. Let's create a new sense of unity, purpose, collaberation and cooperation among ourselves. Tell anyone who will listen about what's going on and try to get them to come. Spread the word as we approach the last week. The more, the merrier. Car pool from work or if you're taking the day off in honor of your favorite animation executive, come on by and bring a friend.

: Be a part of this first industry wide gathering of talent!

: POWER TO OUR PEOPLE!

I hope the meeting was a success and positive steps for the future were addressed. I would have been there had I known about it.
I was layed off in March '99. My job was given to someone in China.
Its now the end of June and I'm still looking.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]