Re: Congratulations, L.A. Times!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce on June 25, 1999 at 09:14:00:

In Reply to: Congratulations, L.A. Times! posted by Charles on June 25, 1999 at 00:54:41:

I want to make it clear that some of the comments in what I posted are mine, and NOT part of the body of the actual Times article. My screwy typing skills somehow removed many of the quotation marks and made it impossible to discern which is which. I would recommend that, if you are at all concerned about this, you go to the web address posted (or pick up a copy of yesterday's Times) and read the original.

Still, the tone of the article is clearly on the side of the producers who, as the article wants to convince us, have been saddled with excessively high production costs pretty much solely due to the greedy demands of animation artists. We apparently fell afoul of a family squabble between Jeffrey and Michael, and we should feel bad about it and give back what we took. A few animators were interviewed at the end of the article, but only to show that we are all weary and resigned to the fact that, as Peter Schneider put it, the business has changed and we're just going to have to accept it if we want to get or keep our jobs.

Meanwhile, good animation continues to make money...for somebody.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]