Congratulations, L.A. Times!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on June 25, 1999 at 00:54:41:

What a marvelous piece of unbiased, objective journalism!

What an impressive work your June 24th article was, Claudia Eller and James Bates! I'm sure you'll win a Pulitzer for this one! Yes, indeedy!

Hey! I've got an idea! Why don't you interview some animators and get their perspective on the situation? Oh. I see. We're second class citizens again. Hmmm... Yes, I do see the dilema. Better interview another animation executive half wit to get the real story. Better yet, an artist's nostalgic attorney. They're the ones who's opinions really matter most, of course. Why, without them, what would animation be?

I bet the two of you are really good at betting on horses! Or maybe picking stocks! You sound like you really know what you're talking about and I know for a fact you can tell us what's in store for us animation artist types.

By the way, Mr. Bates and Ms. Eller - do you think Disney is going to stop spending whatever money it takes to get some new characters for their theme parks? What do you think "Tarzan" is going to top off at nationally? Internationally? How do you think "Iron Giant" will do? What about desktop animation production? What about this web site?

Our community of second class citizens has a renewed respect for your professionalism and your authoritive, deep digging, investigative reporting. Rest assured that we're all going to be waiting around with baited breath for your next foray into the inner workings of our industry and your insightful views as to what's going on.

Bravo!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]