Re: About the Movement

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on March 15, 1999 at 16:43:00:

In Reply to: Re: About the Movement posted by Charles on March 15, 1999 at 16:37:36:

: : In answer to some of your questions, Bob, the media is being informed of this event and there seems to be great interest in this subject across the board. The news has been spreading by word of mouth and this website. The issue concerning this event will likely be appearing in a variety of forums soon.
: : The Movement itself is completely grass roots. It has been brought to the attention of the Motion Picture Screen Cartoonists Local 839. The officers and executive board members as well as a vast number of the Union membership know what is going on. This entire situation was placed at the feet of the Union. I personally asked them to lead it. Unfortunately, the Union has a "no strike" clause in its contract with the studios and will be held liable if it participates in any official manner. This event has received the unofficial blessing of many of the Union brass and as far as I've been told, the other animation organizations you've mentioned as well. All of them must be discreet for their own reasons, so I've been left to lead it.
: : I'm receiving the help, advice and moral support of many influential people within animation. It is creating an intense dialogue among animation artists and bringing the issues described in this web site to the attention of the industry, our community and the media. Something long overdo.
: : I would rather not talk about myself, but I have not kept my identity a secret. I am known among the animation artists here in Los Angeles.
: : Lastly, the issue here is not a matter of following me. All I am doing is bringing the subject described in Animation Nation to your attention and asking you and anyone else so inclined to respond to this call for action. Our industry has been misguided and mismananged for far too long. The system is failing. We are on the verge of a shift in this business and we need to prepare for the future so that we may be properly positioned when the new one takes its place.
: : I'm fed up with seeing artists victimized by an industry we should be controlling. I don't believe in working for non-creative pseudo producers who do such a dreadful job of destroying a perfectly healthy and thriving aspect of American industry, then having to read their idiotic remarks in the trades as they are called upon as "experts". I'm tired of hearing artists complain and I would like to motivate them into taking the initiative for change and empowerment. I believe that we should make a collective move towards sweeping these people from the face of animation and replacing them with properly trained artists. I believe there should be no middle men between our community and production capital. In my opinion, we could do much better job at servicing the animation needs of the entertainment industry without them.
: : We should be unified and aware of what is going on. We have a great opportunity to do something constructive. So take a big step forward and join us on April 1.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]