Re: Less to send Dave's blood pressure skyward

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on June 13, 1999 at 01:11:29:

In Reply to: Re: Less to send Dave's blood pressure skyward posted by Kevin on June 12, 1999 at 14:30:34:

:
: : I can't fire everyone who doesn't put in a forty hour week. I'd have three people working for me.

: There are plenty of people laid off. Fire those people who donít work and hire the good, hard working people that were laid off from Disney, Warners, DreamWorks, Rich, etc. Thereís plenty of animators, cleanup, assistants, & inbetweeners who will work a true forty hours. I had some of the best inbetweeners I ever had work for me on Iron Giant, and they were right out of school. Willing to work. Quick studies. We got the job done.

Absolutely Kevin. We took some of the Disney layoff people at DreamWorks and they were VERY hard workers at Disney before they even came here. From what Iíve seen here America still corners the market on effort. Personally I think people are still caught up in the 70ís with the strike and the image left by it. It doesnít apply now. They work as hard are harder here than ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. Remember Ireland Kev, all the Americans were there early and left late. The average hours were 9 to 8. If I had to go home early (5:30 because all the grocery stores closed at 6) Gary used to kid me by saying ďGoing home? Half day huh Ē. Workers here arenít lazy, their economy is different (it costs at mininmum $250,000 for a shack in LA). Itís time people stop blaming them for it. I for one am tired of it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]