Re: Yo! Anonymous!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by anon E. mouse on June 09, 1999 at 22:41:25:

In Reply to: Yo! Anonymous! posted by Jon McClenahan on June 09, 1999 at 09:16:12:

: By the way, "Anonymous," I disagree with Dave (among other things) that we aren't trying to change each other's minds. I know I was definitely trying to change his.

Of the people who use this forum to change people's minds there are at one extreme- those who try to cow dissenters by slinging epithets and making ad hominem attacks; and at the other end people who express an opinion and then support it with evidence. I find myself in bigot-like fashion repulsed by the former and drawn to the latter. I generally agree with your assessments, although in one of your posts you seem to be in favor of government money being used to support animation, something I'm philosophically opposed to.

: But this whole exercise seems to have generated more heat than light. I withdraw from the field, confused about Dave's perception of things. However, I know not to confuse him with anybody else there, nor to suggest any cross-over between the feature community and the TV community, nor to even suggest that the union has anything to do with the problem. Oh, and even though he can address us as Tinkerbell or condescending, I better not use adjectives like "smug" or "jaded."

It was a pleasure to hear your thoughts on the more substantive matters discussed here. Sorry you're choosing to withdraw. If I ever learn how to do e-frickin-mail( dag-blasted computer thingies!) I'll e-mail you.

: StarToons will keep on pushing for more American TV animation production. If anybody else is interested, they know where to reach us, if need be. I could care less about having the last word. I do appreciate your defense.
If I can ever send work your way, it will be my pleasure to do so. If I'm ever in Chicago, I'll buy you a beer or two!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]