Re: Thanks Jon, for telling it like it is.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon McClenahan on June 08, 1999 at 16:10:11:

In Reply to: Thanks Jon, for telling it like it is. posted by anonymous on June 08, 1999 at 12:29:03:

Dear Whoever you are,

Gratifying to hear somebody understands what I'm talking about, but I would've preferred an e-mail if you wanted to stay anonymous - otherwise it appears I'm trying to stack some deck.

Unfortunately, whereas you regard this as a waste of my time, I consider it our only hope. One studio can't retrain an entire industry, and doesn't NEED to with animators of the calibre of Dave Brewster and Charles Zembillas and Sam Fleming and Bruce Woodside and Brian Mitchell around. Add those guys to Cervone, Siergey, Tingblad, Hanley, Tucker, House, and Brandt, and they could turn the world on its head.

By the way, if there are readers among us who are inclined to pray, say a prayer for Spike Brandt's little son Spencer, who is undergoing treatments for leukemia. Spike all the while has been directing the 50th anniversary Roadrunner cartoon, coming out this summer, and had been bearing up under this without saying a word; his wife was the one who told me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]