Re: Thirteensomething

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon on June 08, 1999 at 15:50:46:

In Reply to: Thirteensomething posted by TV's Kyle A. Carrozza on June 08, 1999 at 15:10:58:

: Personally, I liked the Buster animation better in that episode, especially the "audition" scenes (Binky Bunny, Betina Bunny, Real Rabbit). However the scene where Babs-as-Alibaster gets lonely and the one where she calls Buster are absolutely killer. It's rare when TV animation can be compared with the old 40s classics. This is one of those occasions. By the way... check out the part where Babs"ia" has heels on and walks into the audition. Disney Florida appears to have stolen that animation for Mulan in the scene where she is trying to walk like a man.

: Noob!

: -Kyle

Hey Kyle,

I remember the scene well, 108 feet with split screen effects - a real headache technically, but fun to animate (don't tell anybody I used the "F" word to describe my work).

I'll you who else remembers the scene: Mary Hanley. Poor girl had to assist it ... and she did a beautiful job.

My favorite Babs shot was in "Stand Up and Deliver" when she in leaning into the microphone in profile. The rest of that cartoon sucked, but I thought THAT was a moment.

I do appreciate all your kind comments, but please try to refrain from lionizing me here on this board. It isn't well received, and probably doesn't help solve any of the issues.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]