Re: Jon and Dave discuss life in the big city.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jonny on June 07, 1999 at 12:50:26:

In Reply to: Jon and Dave discuss life in the big city. posted by Dave on June 07, 1999 at 02:43:05:

TV animation is a bread-and-butter industry ... "Davey". It ain't the same as feature, but a good feature animator should be able to rely on it for jobs between feature gigs.

You say I'm living in the past trying to recapture some of that bread-and-butter industry. So far we've only managed to recapture 30 jobs. So obviously we can't do it alone.

Definitely hard being the head of my own studio. Frankly, I would like nothing better than for the MPSC to put me out of business.

But since they haven't even tried, I'm curious to see if there's anybody out your way who would also like to recapture some of those jobs. Obviously you don't. At least two people reading our exchanges have written to inquire about getting work. Not everybody is in a secure situation, apparently.

Talk to my ex-employees before you decide I haven't walked in their shoes. The fact is, if you're going to be a part of the current animation situation, you need to be in LA, where it's all happening. We're trying to CHANGE the current situation. I don't blame people for not having the patience to wait out that process. But I would like to get some people excited about the possibilities.

I simply believe there is life outside the union. You say there's life INSIDE the union. In both realms, we're unsatisfied. First one to find a real answer, wins. Good luck to ya, Dave.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]