Re: There is no one else to blame but yourselves

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Crow on June 04, 1999 at 21:35:10:

In Reply to: There is no one else to blame but yourselves posted by Roger Earl on April 11, 1999 at 12:30:45:

: There has been a lot of finger pointing at exectives and across the border animators for
: the messy state of American Animation.

: The truth is, the messy state of American Animation is not caused by the executives or
: by out-sourcing, but by you guys, the animators.

: It is the you, the animators who let this situation get out of hand.

: Instead of crying and complaining that it's the executives fault DO SOMETHING about it.

: There's have been a lot of hype over the protest on April 1st. Well April 1st has gone
: and went. Guess what, I heard NOTHING from this so-call protest. Which leads me
: to believe that this protest is nothing but B.S.

: If the only thing you animators can do is complain about your jobs and do nothing about it, then
: why the hell are you in the animation industry in first place?
This last comment made me wonder: What if all the artists in the animation industry just...stopped? Imagine the "house of cards", i.e. all other industries that are dependent on animation for their survival, in a big heap. All the Marketing, the Consumer Products, the tie-in related products (shoes, clothes, toys)... Imagine everything that's taken for granted. It makes ya think.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]