The Dental Plan is Good

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett on March 11, 1999 at 22:52:08:

Slick Rick’s comments are a perfect example of how nothing will ever change.

Your paper on the Union is 100% correct. I too was mailed this list (after waiting two weeks). What did I do with it? I put it where I put all the Pegboards. In the trash where it belongs.

Oh sure, the history lesson is educational. And so are the financial tips. But who the hell cares about whether or not Nickelodeon becomes Union? I certainly don’t.

Reading the last issue I was certainly hoping for something that could help inspire me about my future. What was the advice that was given?

Get your friends at Klasky-Csupo to sign a Union rep card. Oh, and keep working on that portfolio. Something will open up.

Work on my portfolio??? After all these years spent working 6-7 days a week, suffering through crunch time after crunch time, honing and refining my craft with some of the best artists in the world, now I have to work on my portfolio??!!!

Apathy from your leaders. Apathy from your coworkers and your friends. That’s what you can expect from the animation industry.

And of course, your union.

There is a reason the “no strike” clause is in there. No animator will ever strike or standup for his fellow man.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]