I hope not

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on May 15, 1999 at 01:33:28:

In Reply to: Disney Features ruining quality animation posted by Mark on May 13, 1999 at 07:30:27:

If what you're saying is true, not that I doubt you, I'm at a loss to respond.

What keeps coming to my mind is a Don Bluth interview I read years ago when he broke away from Disney to start his own studio and produce "The Secret of Nimh". He talked about how Disney's policy became one where so many corners were cut that they didn't even bother to paint the whites of the characters eyes on "The Rescuers".

I really hope this isn't a throwback to that kind of thinking. I've been a big fan of the quality of modern day Disney feature animation. If these people press the Disney animation artists to start approaching their films in the manner of a direct to video or television product, who's going to set the standard for state of the art character animation? Disney has always been the standard by which every animated feature is measured. Why are they even contemplating the relinquishment of that title?

I've had the impression for quite some time now that these jackass executives who run the major studios don't really want to be involved in animation production at all. They behave as if they are purposely trying to shoot this industry and the art in the foot. It's as if animation production is an annoyance to them. Something that they unfortunately have to deal with in order to make a movie.

I'm sure they are under pressure to cut production costs and of course, everyone knows that you naturally focus on finding solutions other than eliminating the obvious source of their problems - dead weight management. I hope for the sake of the great tradition that the Disney animation artists have re-established that you can find some way of convincing these pea brains that "Quest for Camelot" can also happen to them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]