For safe measure

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on May 15, 1999 at 00:34:45:

In Reply to: Re: Sometimes... posted by Pete on May 13, 1999 at 22:59:45:

I want to clear the air once more about the remarks I made at the beginning of this.

Although I stand behind the points I made, my harsh comments of "stuffed shirts" and "quacks" were never intended to be directed at any of the instructors, alumni or students of Cal Arts. I was speaking to and of the ivory tower honchos who establish policy and decide how the money is spent. I never meant any disrespect towards those I've just mentioned (except the honchos, of course) and I once again offer my apologies if I offended anyone. I hope you will excuse me if that's the case.

There are many superb artists and filmmakers working in animated entertainment who have come from Cal Arts. The school uses their names in marketing their program. I just don't like the idea of an $18,000 per year price tag on what they have to offer nowadays. I think their tuition is absurdly high for what the contemporary character animation student gets in return.

Also, I'm not going to use this forum to serve any particular interests other than those which concern our creative community. Regarding my school, I think many animation artists would be interested to know more about it. It is something of a success story that others may find inspiring and beneficial. In time, I intend to tell visitors to this message board the story of its coming to be.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]