from my point of view

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by slick rick on March 11, 1999 at 10:42:43:

From my point of view. being in the industry, EVERYTHING in this site is true. I work at one of the MAJOR studios and I see these things happening on a daily basis. The group of friends that I hang out with all have the same views as the ones on this board. It think the problem lies not only on management but also in the feeling from the artists that there is nothing we can do. When we have a nice stable job and see friends (incredibly TALENTED friends) getting laid off, we tend to stay quiet fearing the "Jerry McGuire Syndrome". "HEY man, we dont like what your doing and we're not gonna take it any more.....huh? I dont have a job anymore?......"
I'm the first one to say that something needs to be done but I'm also the first one to say that I LIKE my job. I LIKE my friends. I LIKE my house. I LIKE the limited freedome i have. I have no solution to the HUGE problem that exists but when it comes to taking risks in this not at ALL stable industry I have to say that it's one thing to yell on this web site and a whole other thing to speak up to those powers that be and actually think that others will back you up.

i dont have an answer just wanted you all to know that another person cares and knows the problem....it sucks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]