Re: Reasons for the fall

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by anon on April 23, 1999 at 09:43:07:

In Reply to: Re: Reasons for the fall posted by Charles on April 22, 1999 at 22:14:54:

Actually there were some attempts to make Dreamworks as egalitarian as possible. A number of times all the artists were gathered together and asked to give their input as to what was wrong with the studio. Almost immediately the gathering deteriorated into a contest of who could talk the loudest. Two people with nothing constructive to offer monopolized the forum to whine about everything in general and nothing specific.

One of the things we hate is when management looks at artists as interchangable widgets. I think sometimes you and some of the others on this forum are guilty of the same thing. But the truth is, not all artists in this biz are great talents, nor do most of them have anything meritorious to say about what will make studios run better or get lousy management off our backs.

I can bitch and moan with the best of them but I have chosen to be in the field of commercial art, that's what working for an animation studio is. Anyone of us is free to quit and try to sell his/her own ideas. Instead of expending energy whining about how myopic network executives are, artists should use their creativity to figure out other ways to get their art to potential consumers. The best and brightest of us do just that!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]