Disney Canada

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joanne on April 12, 1999 at 17:12:46:

In Reply to: Re: CANADA / OUR NEW posted by Dave on April 11, 1999 at 16:25:19:

: : Tell me where to call. Give me a call, I'm in the local phone book. I could hack the mountains and clean air. I've moved before for work. The change of scenery does a lot of good. Not to mention making more contacts and meeting a lot of good people from all over the world.

: : I went to Ireland because there was no work in Chicago. This business isn't really is big as one thinks. Twelve years later I meet people at a studio I worked with back then.

: : I do think we still have to work on the problem at hand here and get people more united so everybody is not just looking out for themselves but looking out for the future of the animation workers. But hey, I'm always up for a new city.

: Iím not sure of the work that Matt is talking about so I am guessing here. Bardells is doing some short term work to help DW finish off Eldorado so I think that isnít what he is talking about. Overflow work is very sparatic and not worth chasing I think. I think he might be talking about the Disney studioís in Toronto or Vancouver. You know, I think the best idea would be to contact Disney TV and see if you could get the number of one of those studioís. Remember that they are probably going to pay a bit less but I really think for younger animators it would be great just to do work on a feature. Like you the majority of my work came from places outside the US. rFance ,Germany, England. I did most of the work from my apartment though (the advantage of rep) so my traveling is not always important. If animators are strong and willing I see no reason that they should not be worth sending. Let us know how it goes.

RE: The conversation @ Disney Canada.....Joan Fisher is the one to contact for Toronto....The Vancouver studio is very small, it's called the 'sister studio'. I only know the Directors name for Vancouver: Keith Ingham. When the studio first started up in Toronto, Lenora Hume was in charge...Dan Smith was recruiting....I don't know if they are still tied to it or not
but they are in LA if you want to take that avenue. Just to inform you- Disney Canada is not 'feature'....despite rumours, insiders confirm the project in production is definitly straight to video. I haven't heard too much @ available work....but I'm sure they would be welcome to new talent!
the numbers I have are as follows....Lenora Hume-818-754-7150
Dan Smith-818-754-7259
Joan Fisher-416-596-7878
Best of luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: