Re: CANADA / OUR NEW "CHEAP" LABOR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave. on April 10, 1999 at 22:25:43:

In Reply to: Re: CANADA / OUR NEW "CHEAP" LABOR posted by Kevin on April 10, 1999 at 12:43:18:

: Dave, you think if I moved up there, I could get a job as an animator being from the U.S.? I like Cananda. I don't mind the rain or the cold and the people are very friendly. Toronto, Vancouver it doens't matter. Just curious.

Sure you could. When animation was just starting there were lots of American animators in Canada. In fact the share between New York and Ontario was quite heavy as our glorious union leader Tom Sito will tell you. There were no really experienced animators there and Americans were preferred. The only problem would be the same as if you were in reverse , coming from the US. A company in Canada would have to want you. Actually Lenora Hume at Disney TV asked if I would be interested. They are doing Peter Pan 2 up there and they need some strong animators. And guess what, there is no union to have to approve your work visa. Actually here we have had a lot of people really interested in going to Vancouver. Hmmm. Mountains , whales and beautiful scenery. Hmmmm. I could hack that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]