Re: CANADA / OUR NEW "CHEAP" LABOR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matthew Sullivan on April 09, 1999 at 19:37:06:

In Reply to: Re: CANADA / OUR NEW "CHEAP" LABOR posted by Dave on April 09, 1999 at 03:08:03:

My post was not meant to be a slam upon Canadians. I find it unnerving when even PREPRODUCTION IS NOW BEING CONSIDRED AS POTENTIAL "OVERSEAS" WORK. That's frightening to me, as it should be to all artists out there. Where does it end? Will we eventually send everything away and leave nothing for our workers?

By the way what's wrong with nationalism? Doesn't Canada have a policy to protect itself from the influx of American entertainment written into actual law? If that's the case wouldn't it benefit Canada to create a Canadian animation industry with productions that are uniquely Canadian and that are staffed by Canadian workers? This is in no way a slam on Canadian animators, they do a fine job and I know more than a few extremely talented people from Canada.

Diversity in animation is a good thing.But I find it unnerving that certain programs that are proposed to various studios are sometimes rejected based upon the notion that our foreign markets won't understand them, which brings up an entirely new topic...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]