Phase II

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on April 07, 1999 at 23:58:45:

Ever since our meeting on April 1, I've been listening to many people who have provided me with valuable comments and suggestions about where to go from here. Many artists want to have another meeting and I am inclined to agree that a second get together would be a great way to keep the momentum going and build upon what we've established so far.

In order for this to happen, I'm going to need help. I'll need assistance in organizing it.

I can't fight this war alone. I can only handle one battle at a time. Those battles are my own personal attempts at trying to improve the situation in our industry. If everyone gets involved and picks their own small battle to fight, we can make much more collective progress.

In my next message, I'll outline the major points established as a result of our April 1 meeting. I'll also make an attempt at establishing something of a "declaration of intent" as Bob's Pal suggested a few days ago.

I've received communication from people who have organized their thoughts about how to deal with the state of our industry and I'll bring their suggestions into the fold.

If we proceed simultaneously in a series of different directions from a central point, I believe we can make significant progress towards educating our colleagues, expanding our base of support from within our community and fixing our very fixable problems.

The problems we face took a very long time to develop. They won't be solved overnight. We have to be patient and smart.

Nothing is impossible for us. No challenge is too daunting.

Keep the faith.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Animation Nation Message Board ] [ FAQ ]