animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Busy busy busy

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Busy busy busy

Postby Charles » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Hope everyone is doing okay. Thanks for keeping the forums active. I always look forward to the videos, art, info and personal projects that you share.

Things are going really well with my school The Animation Academy in Burbank. It's keeping me very preoccupied in positive ways as enrollment increases and our program expands.

How about you? Are ya staying busy? What's keeping you that way? Finding time for yourself in the midst of the madness?

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Busy busy busy

Postby NOREKdecay » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Sounds good,

and I've been busy fixing myself a working desktop pc before school starts in a week, but there's alot of strange complications Ive run into along the way. So much Ive started on, but delayed because of this computer. Other than that, been a fine summer, also gonna be nice to get back to work. I like looking around on this place, as it shares so many good animation materials. Hope it never stops that hehe
NOREKdecay

Postby jeffnevins » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:46 pm

I like topics like these. Thanks for posting.

Have created literally thousands of Flash art assets and animations over the years for my indie company's games: props, BG elements & characters, and still doing so.

Having no commute, I have time for CastleVille, forum visits, walks to the grocery store nearby (having no car),etc.

I'm really hoping for business developments to happen soon (out of my hands). :|
jeffnevins

Postby JDC » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Have a kid, you'll be busy beyond your wildest dreams.. :o

I'm at a small studio at the moment, doing character layouts for a series based on a mobile game. I also have a side project for my own web series.. recorded audio recently, so this may get off the ground soon. Hope everyone is doing well, Keep Creating!
JDC

Postby Charles » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:09 am

Talking about keep creating! ;) Can't think of a better way to stay busy than to be raising your baby. Congratulations JDC! :D

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Man sometimes it gets crazy but it's a good crazy. ;)

Hope you're staying on top of it all AN and that you're involved in positive things.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion