animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Quick Word on TANGLED

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Quick Word on TANGLED

Postby EAllen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Pete Hammond reports for Deadline Hollywood on an early screening of the unfinished Tangled for a bunch of press folks. "Tangled could easily be among (the five nominees for Best Animated Feature when they are announced)," Pete wrote. He also emphasized the overall jovial response earned from the small crowd lucky to get the advanced look.

I just hope Criticwatch doesn't hand him another ignominious award for sharing with Deadline readers such early sentiments this early in the film's unveiling, as this kind of behavior has, on past occasions, been met with intense scrutiny from prominent acclaimed critics. Myself, I haven't seen that much of Tangled, but from what I know of the caliber of artists working on the film, as well as all of the great artwork Glen Keane has shared online of the film's production, I'm inclined to believe these extremely early reports.

Can't wait for the film's Thanksgiving release.

EAllen

Return to General Discussion