animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

The ARMSmasters Project - Kickstarter Animated Pilot Effort

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

The ARMSmasters Project - Kickstarter Animated Pilot Effort

Postby mwinn » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 am

Hey everybody! I'm new to the forum here though I've lurked for quite awhile and I want to share with you an animation effort being produced by yours truly out of a Michigan based animation studio. This action-fantasy 2d animated adventure is called The ARMSmasters Project!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/760823342/the-armsmasters-project-the-animated-pilot

This collaborative effort has had much sweat equity poured into it and we are now going to Kickstarter with the express purpose of raising the funds to complete a short-film to serve both as as a film festival entry and as a pilot animation for what we believe has potential to be a fun, adventurous series.

ARMSmasters is heavily influenced by both action-anime aesthetics as well as American/western animation and superheroics and I'm very proud we've come this far with it. If you're at all interested please feel free to check out our Production Blog and Kickstarter Page. We could use as much exposure and backing as we can get and have just under 40 days to raise the funds we need.

Thanks in advance for taking a look!

Mike
http://thearmsmasters.blogspot.com
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/760823342/the-armsmasters-project-the-animated-pilot

mwinn

Re: The ARMSmasters Project - Kickstarter Animated Pilot Eff

Postby Charles » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:26 am

Looks like an interesting project! We'll help get the word out. Thanks for posting.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby mwinn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:57 am

Charles wrote:Looks like an interesting project! We'll help get the word out. Thanks for posting.

Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate that as we can use all the help and exposure we can get. We're excited to be working to make this happen.

Thanks again!

Mike
mwinn

Postby Charles » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:47 pm

You're on AN's frontpage for this date.

http://www.animationnation.com

Dedicated article here.

This will help get some extra attention.

Good luck!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby mwinn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Wow! Thanks! :D
mwinn

Postby SandSquid » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:25 am

Can certainly see the Anime and American influences on your style. Good luck with it, looks very impressive.
Brett Snelgrove
Writer/Producer
New Eden - co-creator
www.NewEdenseries.com
SandSquid

Postby mwinn » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:51 am

Thank you! This is ambitious but we have high hopes. It's demonstrated it has an appealing look and draw, or so I've been led to believe :D, so I'm hoping we'll get what we need. :)
mwinn

Return to A.N. Gallery