animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Timmy Time on Playhouse Disney Sep 13 '10 - my review

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Timmy Time on Playhouse Disney Sep 13 '10 - my review

Postby Charles » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Timmy... It's Timmy...

He's the little lamb with a lot to learn...

TimmyTime.jpg

I was asked to review "Timmy Time" - the upcoming preschool animated series from Aardman Animation that'll be airing on Playhouse Disney this coming Monday, September 13, 2010 in the US and I'm pretty sure Canada as well.

I was given the privilege of viewing two episodes, "Timmy's Plane" and "Go Kart Timmy," which is actually being previewed tonight on Playhouse Disney after the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Road Rally special.

Before I begin I would like to express my thanks for the opportunity to offer my opinion about this new series, and I'm especially thankful for the chance to see these episodes prior to their broadcast.

That said, I am happy to say that "Timmy Time" is an absolutely delightful and brilliant production. Like nothing else I've ever seen.

Timmy Time involves the misadventures of an impetuous little lamb, Timmy, as he deals with a typical schoolday on the farm. He's in the company of a variety of different characters, including a duck, an owl, a fox, a dog, a cat, a chicken, etc. The production is done in stop motion animation, of which Aardman excels like few other studios in the world.

Timmy Time is beautifully designed and its production quality is superb. What makes Timmy Time so completely unique and original, is that there is no verbal dialogue. Each 10 minute episode involves the characters communicating with each other through sounds they would normally make as per their particular genus. So the owl hoots, the cat meows, the dog barks, and so on. This is done so effectively, and with so much charm and appeal that it's no problem at all following the story. In fact, it makes the story all the more engrossing as the viewer is caught up with the activity and not in conversation that would not do the story any more service.

Timmy Time is a wonderful animated production and I'm certain kids will love it almost as much as their parents. This is an excellent series and I couldn't offer a higher recommendation to see it.

Congratulations to Aardman on this outstanding production. Watching Timmy Time made my day and it's my sincere pleasure to enthusiastically endorse the show.

Charles Zembillas
AnimationNation.com

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Timmy Time on Playhouse Disney Sep 13 '10 - my review

Postby EAllen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Aardman, it seems, can do no wrong.

Aardman can put anything out, like Pixar, and I'd see it. Congratulations, Aardman--I mean that!
EAllen

Postby Charles » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Indeed, Aardman in many ways outdid themselves with this series. I nominate Timmy Time as my favorite cartoon. One of the things I love about it is that it entertains without fart jokes, without pandering to pop culture references, without putting down other characters in their world, it's very simple and patient and uplifting and will help make childhood a more pleasant experience for many kids. It's original and witty and I can't say enough good things about it.

I found an episode of Timmy Time on YouTube. Have a look and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby roger » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:52 pm

We get Timmy Time overhere on BBC3 (CeeBeeBies) and the kids and I love it. The dialogue is enganging because the characters soundeffects are in tune with the archtypes that they are(Owl=Teacher=Hoots)and are wel acted.

Roger
roger

Postby Charles » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:11 pm

You know a show's a winner when college kids enjoy it. I screened the above episode of Timmy Time at Cal State Northridge last night and it was as well received as anything I've ever screened. Even though it's preschool, I think this show will be just as popular with adults as it is with kids.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion