animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

ILS ONT DES NOUVEAUX POUVOIRS

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

ILS ONT DES NOUVEAUX POUVOIRS

Postby rrro » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:09 am

ILS ONT DES NOUVEAUX POUVOIRS, Volume 1 -- teaser

ILS ONT DES NOUVEAUX POUVOIRS (="they have new powers") is a French comic book of mine (ed. MISMA), released on may 18.

The soundtrack joint was provided by tremendous San Francisco beatmaker/producer Edison, from his mixtape THE FULL MUSTAFA.

Please feel free to share!

More animations here.
rrro

Re: ILS ONT DES NOUVEAUX POUVOIRS

Postby Charles » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:22 am

Very interesting film. Unusual and unique. All of your animated films are intriguing. Thanks for your video and for posting here.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby rrro » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:22 am

Hey thanks!

Have I mentioned the blog related to the ILS ONT DES NOUVEAUX POUVOIRS project ? Hum obviously no I haven't.

It is called IODNP, and it is there : http://iodnp.blogspot.com.
rrro

Postby rrro » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:54 am

And the website hosting the blog images now seems temporarily down (error503). :|

Well.
rrro

Postby rrro » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:23 pm

(And it's back)
rrro

Postby Charles » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:44 pm

I like your style. Different and unique. Very cool. Makes me think. Thanks for linking to your blog.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:35 pm

I placed this on AN's homepage for this date. Congrats!

http://www.animationnation.com

Here's the dedicated article.

Would you translate the title? Is there more info available in English?

Daily Z

Charles

Postby rrro » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:10 am

Hey thanks!

The English translation for "ILS ONT DES NOUVEAUX POUVOIRS" is "They have new powers".

The comic book is in French, and so is my publisher MISMA's website, but here's a rough, homemade transcription of the book presentation :

No one knows how long passed between RAISON D'ÉTAT (= "State Interests", ed. Le Simo 1996 / Misma 2005) and ILS ONT DES NOUVEAUX POUVOIRS (ed. Misma 2006 / 2012) : one thing is sure however, "things have changed a lot since last time".

Right from the beginning indeed, the shattering of Estebald's radio set right in the course of a "nightly gardening" session definitely leads to multiplying signs of troubled times : and prince / anti-hero Estebald will have a hard time finding out what exactly is going on in the kingdom…

As a matter of fact, his task will be all the more difficult as the course of events is getting more… intense : a "faceless" horseman mercilessly urges across the highlands, invasive clergymen silently spread in the king's fort, and a flight of royal Boeings are launched in the pursuit of a mysterious "Chosen One" who turned into a bee…

Four overpowering chapters in other words, completed by a "bonus" full, color episode of Estebald's youths : exciting, weird and funny, ILS ONT DES NOUVEAUX POUVOIRS is MISMA's new epic!

With this 1st volume, Ronald Grandpey extends the themes of a unique fiction he started back in the mid-90s, constantly redefining and challenging them (without fearing a little bit of foolishness from time to time), and thereby by-passing the stereotypes of the heroic fantasy genre -- by far.

Diverse and versatile, ILS ONT DES NOUVEAUX POUVOIRS also depicts an emerging theocracy, in a pseudo-feudal regime where the most moronic arbitrary power already rules.
rrro

Postby TransRobo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:29 pm

This is very surreal, making wish there was an English translation. :)
TransRobo

Return to A.N. Gallery