animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Amazon development deal

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Amazon development deal

Postby ArmyMan » Fri May 04, 2012 11:32 am

Anybody taken a real close look at this yet?

http://studios.amazon.com/getting-start ... inkedin_EB

Haven't dug too deep but at least the money they are offering seems a bit better than most of these cattle calls for ideas.
ArmyMan

Re: Amazon development deal

Postby Charles » Fri May 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks ArmyMan. I've posted the topic on AN's homepage.

http://www.animationnation.com

Dedicated Article

I've heard about this before and was looking for more info. Here's some video that explains more.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Amazon development deal

Postby Charles » Fri May 11, 2012 11:30 am

A friend contacted me about this as he just learned of it, so I thought I'd bump this up. Here's some of the text of the email...

So, it looks like Amazon.com is officially jumping into the "original content" pool - trying to curb the market with entertainment like they did with sales.

I wanted you guys to know about this first (if you didn't already) cause you all have amazing personal projects that would give any competition a run for their money!

A link to the details is below, but what we know so far is that once submitted, Amazon would own the properties outright for 45 days (so we couldn't take them anywhere else), but if they wanted to option anything beyond that timeframe, they'd have to pay us $10,000. If they decide to move forward, they pay $55,000 for a show and $90,000 for a movie, after which they own it all indefinitely...BUT you apparently get a 5% back-end cut of all licensing, merchandising, etc. forever (even if they don't keep you on staff), which, as you all know, is pretty much NON-existent in Hollywood today. Since the "New Media" market is still budding, there seem to be little to no "rules".

All they're asking for is a finished script and small project "bible" (2-5 pages). Anything more you submit is icing on the cake (and we all have more!) The greenlit shows would most likely air exclusively on Amazon.com or their official online station/channel.

http://studios.amazon.com/getting-started/series

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion