animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Animated fantasy "A Star's Wish"

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Animated fantasy "A Star's Wish"

Postby Mhle Nzima » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:17 am

[youtube]5tvaAhubzTE[youtube]

Starlight is the slowest shooting star of all but for his childhood wish to come true, he needs to beat the fastest light. The fate of this young star with a dream will shape the fate of man and Earth as a whole.

[Production Note: Experimented with 3D software for the first time (Anim8or) and using the first designs I could come up with, I put this story together and voila! I learn by doing, so... Not at all impressed with the character designs, but I loved the ease of animation as
opposed to 2D IMO. Hope you all like the storytelling format ^_^] ...Don't see myself jumping ship to 3d anytime soon though, hahaha!
Mhle Nzima

Re: Animated fantasy "A Star's Wish"

Postby Mhle Nzima » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:23 am

Okay *epic fail* ...Link:
m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=5tvaAhubzTE&fulldescription=1
Mhle Nzima

Postby Charles » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:35 am

The second youtube bracket needs to look like this... [/youtube]

By clicking on the youtube tab above the text area you get this...

[youtube][/youtube]

Pasting the part of the youtube url ... 5tvaAhubzTE ... within the brackets you get this...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Mhle Nzima » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:48 am

Thank you SO very much. Stopped trying after I started clogging the thread with replies to myself. Lesson learned.
Mhle Nzima

Postby Charles » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:21 pm

This is very contemplative and beautiful. The words are a little hard to read as the text is small, but I was able to follow the story. Very nice, impressive film. Enjoyed watching the video. Thank you for posting it here.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Mhle Nzima » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Thanks for the compliment. I'll make it a point to have larger words if ever I do anything subtitle-based in the future. Guess I forgot to factor in the quality loss in the uploading/compression process. Point taken ^_^ Thanks again.
Mhle Nzima

Return to A.N. Gallery