animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Nerf Gun Modification Show with Steampunk remixing!

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Nerf Gun Modification Show with Steampunk remixing!

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Check out video from our last Show at Petra Gallerie / SORO Social Club!

Amazing talented artists contributed impeccable modifications of classic kids toy...now, if only we could do all wars with Nerf!

SNAKEBITE

Re: Nerf Gun Modification Show with Steampunk remixing!

Postby Charles » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Great videos. When I first heard about this I thought it was going to be a nerf gun fight, not a nerf gun exhibit. :lol:

The displays are amazing.

What do you use to produce these videos bro? What do you shoot and edit with?

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks bro!
All the guns are incredible. I'm working on multiple videos that quickly cover the creation of each one. well, maybe not all of them just cuz there's only so much time in the day.

I use two Nikons. D3100 which has better video quality in my opinion but lacks any kind of mic..wtf?
but inexpensive at around $500..then the D7000 which is $1500 but has a mic....and the photos it takes are tits! And both are write offs for my business since I produce promotional material with them. Win win!

I edit it all in imovie. I'm making the leap to final cut and after effects finally, but imovie has been great for commando tactics..and the video quality is everything and these cameras make up for any software I lack. I don't do any real tricks yet other then simple editing. but looking forward to tweaking images.

I have so much raw material for promotions I don't know what to do with myself..I need to lock myself in a hotel room for a month and just edit..and smoke weed...and other s*** but this is a family friend web site...

It's amazing the source of inspiration I get from everyone that gravitates to this place.
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Here's the making of!

SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:39 pm

this thread has more process on my weapon.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3411
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion