animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Easter 2012

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Easter 2012

Postby Charles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:13 am

LIFE

Hope your Holiday renews you!

Love to all here at AnimationNation and to everyone everywhere.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Easter 2012

Postby Charles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:51 am

Last night at midnight I was hanging out and thought to head upstairs to the roof and get a photo of the local church the next block over here in Burbank.

I took a series of photos with this cheap digital camera of mine. Here's what I was shooting.

Easter2012a1.jpg

Then as I was taking the next shot, the camera for some reason delayed as I pressed the shutter. I don't know what caused it as it never happened before. So I pressed the shutter again thinking that it might fix the problem and voila!

Check out this result! It's a miracle I tell you! :D I really like how this photo turned out.

Easter2012b1.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:15 pm

As is the tradition for Easter Sunday, I was part of the team that decorates St. Charles Barromeo Church in North Hollywood on Lankershim Boulevard and Moorpark Rd. This is the church that Bob Hope built just down the street from his home in 1959.

StCharlesEaster2012a1.jpg

StCharlesEaster2012b1.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:35 pm

And now for some videos for all.

This is perhaps the oldest hymn in all of Christendom. It dates back long ago to the earliest days of the Christian Church. The name of the song is "Christ Is Risen From the Dead" and in this version, it's sung by monks from Mt. Athos in Greece.

The picture of Christ you see in the video is the first known representation of his image with long hair and a beard. It is dated to the 6th century AD and is kept at St. Katherine's Monastery in Egypt. His left eye as we look at him is the eye of his love for mankind. His right eye as he faces us is the eye of judgement for sinners who have not repented of their ways.

A masterpiece of Christian art that is identical to the proportions on face on the Shroud of Turin. Check out the investigation I conducted a few years ago in 2009 on the old AN Forums...

http://www.animationnation.com/cgi-bin/ ... 8;t=003722

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Man, one of the great blessings in my life is to have lived at a time when rock like this was being created.

For the skeptics and people of love and everyone who likes to dance and sing. From the 1973 movie...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:12 pm

From the time when virtually everything that came from Hollywood was destined to be a timeless classic.

Strolling to the Easter Parade...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Gotta get some animation in here!

Classic early UPA circa 1951...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:27 pm

And it is Passover as well...

This is a masterpiece of design, story and simplicity. Easy to watch no matter what the language.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby jeffnevins » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Thanks! Happy Easter. 8-)
jeffnevins

Return to General Discussion