animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Agent specializing in Animated shows

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Agent specializing in Animated shows

Postby Belteus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on finding an agent that specializes in pitching animated shows?

Thanks for your help.

Belteus
www.belteus.com
Belteus

Re: Agent specializing in Animated shows

Postby Charles » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Hey there Belteus.

You'll have a very very difficult time finding agency representation. I can't underscore that enough. Reason being is that you need to become famous beforehand to garner representation. Agents won't even talk to you unless you've been referred to them by someone they represent. The best thing you can do about it is to keep creating. Develop content, do everything you can to build your brand, whether it's you as a creative force or the properties you're producing.

Good news is there's something new that's come into being this year. It's the world's first virtual agency. They're headquartered in Burbank and I discovered them by accident about two weeks ago. I plan on featuring them in a dedicated topic here on the AN Forums and I'm also planning to invite them to the next AN Night in September. I've discussed this with them and they're up for it.

They're called the Global Artist Agency and they're a revolution to the world of agent representation. That's what they claim and of course, if it's a revolution, then they have our attention.

They do not discriminate against anyone looking for representation. I don't have an intimate knowledge of their system, nor do I have experience with GAA to the point where I can endorse them, but they're certainly worth looking into and they've expressed interest in getting further involved with animation.

Here's their website:

http://GlobalArtistAgency.com

Check them out and good luck.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Belteus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:45 am

Charles,

Thank you so much for your reply and info. I will definitely check out GAA.

Best regards,

Belteus aka Jim
Belteus

Postby EAllen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:49 pm

If I may opine on this for a sec . . .

If I were an agent, I'd be a fool to pass Belteus up. The designs remind me of Family Guy, which should go over big with their audience.

Funniest thing is that Belteus encourages good eating habits without being in-your-face corny about it!
EAllen

Return to General Discussion