animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Monocle Ape: My new cartoon series

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Monocle Ape: My new cartoon series

Postby korusan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:08 am

Hi everyone! I'd like to show off the newest cartoon a friend and I made. It's about our character, the Monocle Ape, going to do a few of his everyday chores, though not all goes to plan. Sort of a zany premise but you get the idea. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCnAJ3rzAAI[/youtube]

Any comments/feedback/questions greatly appreciated!
korusan

Re: Monocle Ape: My new cartoon series

Postby Charles » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Let's embed the video. Here's the trick. Take this part of the YouTube url...

FCnAJ3rzAA

And past in between the brackets...

[youtube][/youtube]

Here's the result...

A fun cartoon. I like the idea and the central character. Thanks for posting your video on the Gallery. Looking forward to more episodes.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby cifala » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:06 am

Hi again,

Thanks for your interest Charles. Unfortunately my partner and I had a very busy year and thus didn't get to finish any more Monocle Ape cartoons until just after Christmas. As well, I seem to have lost the login for my old account, and the email I used for it isn't working! Thus I had to make a new account.

I hope it's okay to bump this with some news and a little bit of content. Now that we're settling into university we're able to promise this'll get back on track (hopefully bi-monthly). The next 'Monocle Ape' cartoon should be through the wire by April (we have another cartoon we're publishing in February). In the meantime, please enjoy the Christmas special we finished. There's not a lot of animation, but the art we did for it I think is some of our finest yet.

Again, thanks for showing an interest! I hope you enjoy the (belated) Christmas special and look forward to more of the spectacled simian's adventures.
cifala

Postby Car t00n » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:41 pm

yay monocle ape! Great storytelling with this one, funny :D
Car t00n

Postby cifala » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:05 am

haha I'm glad you enjoyed it! there's a couple of older 'toons he stars/appears in on the channel, some of which definitely don't represent our current skill level...but if you want more of him you can check those out to see his history. ;)

I think the next one we're planning with him has less dialogue and more action, or so I hoped...time will tell because we have a few different scripts to choose from.
cifala

Postby cifala » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:05 am

and here is the big finale to the series, Bon Voyage Monocle Ape!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-21EoELxuWc (guess I don't have the hang of embedding yet...)

Let us know what you think of the new style, the animation, writing, etc. We love to hear from folks. What was your favourite part?
cifala

Postby Charles » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:29 am

Here ya go...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to A.N. Gallery