Old Havana is recreated with masterful fervour; the filmmakers use warm, bright hues to capture the charms and vibrancy of this captivating city. The palette shifts towards a monochromatic tone when the narrative moves to New York, and the result is a striking contrast between differing cultures.
Chico and Rita will be shown at Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) 2010.
- Thursday September 16 9:00:00 PM VARSITY 8
- Friday September 17 9:00:00 AM Tiff Bell LightBox 1
- Sunday September 19 9:15:00 PM SCOTIABANK THEATRE 4
Here is an english fact sheet (http://www.designmuseum.org/media/item/75103/2070/Chico-Rita-Film-Release-FINAL.pdf) about "Chico and Rita" to complement the video.
Here are two more links to spanish TV about Chico & Rita
There is also a Facebook page to follow
Also check out the photos section here
and especially the "Making Chico&Rita in Estudio Mariscal" photos of the spanish studio "Estudio Mariscal"
For those interested in seeing a bit of artwork from the film, we have been granted permission to show some artwork in our "Case story" section.
See the "Global concept" section for Chico & Rita, there is a slide show. Here is the direct link to the page:
I hope you will enjoy the images.
On this page you can also find technical info about how HoBSoft set up this production, but here in short:
We set up the complete infrastructure for automated deliveries (Harmony export, transfers, import AND rendering) from the following studios:
- Estudio Mariscal (Main studio, Layouts, Compositing and Direction + others, Spain)
- Kecskemét Film (Cleanup, Kecskemét-Hungary)
- Lightstar Studios (Animation, Cleanup, Sao Paolo-Brazil)
- Animagic (Animation, Cleanup, Madrid-Spain)
- Jet Media (Animation and some Cleanup, Riga-Latvia)
- Magic Light Pictures (Ink and Paint, Douglas-Isle of Man)
- HolyCow Animation (Animation, Cleanup, Ink and Paint, Manilla-Phillipines)
The project was made with automatic exchange of ToonBoom Harmony projects between the studios, including Color Palettes. Besides that automatic rendering of Harmony scenes in the central studio and automatic update of several Final Cut Pro projects and media files in different studios.
I hope you will enjoy, I will once it comes to my local cinema