animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Need animator for Youtube Project! *PLEASE READ!*

Topics related to the business of animation.

Need animator for Youtube Project! *PLEASE READ!*

Postby rickandjoe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 am

Hello everyone, My brother and I have taught of this idea for Youtube, but we need an animator to pull it off. Basically all I need someone to do is animate these audio clips I will send them and make them into animated shorts around 3 to maybe minutes long. At the moment I need someone to do it for free at first but when our channel picks up and possibly becomes popular I can definitely start paying them. If you'd like my brother and would be able to do free voice work and music for free in return. We are very skilled musicians (who can play lots of different styles besides the Rock music thats just in the channel) You can check out our Youtube channel at: VHJoe15

So please if you're an animator who is up for the job please email me, my email adress is: sunburst.wolfgang@gmail.com

I will also explain the concept, all the details, and send you the audio files.

Thank you very much for your time and please reply.
rickandjoe

Re: Need animator for Youtube Project! *PLEASE READ!*

Postby JK Riki » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Hey Rick! (Or Joe, or both)

I myself am swamped with work so I won't be able to assist with the animation, but I thought I might take a minute to offer a few tips on trying to get animators' help.

For starters, animation takes for-ev-er to do, so most animators will only want to work on a project they feel is worthwhile (if for free). One thing you can do to help show that is to make sure you triple-check the grammar and spelling of your "help wanted" post. Animators have to pay close attention to details, so if you also pay close attention to details it will give them a lot more confidence in taking on projects.

Also I know as well as anyone that no one likes to have their ideas stolen, but a little more info on what your project is can be very helpful. For example, I specialize in 2D animation. If your project is for modeling and animating a guitar in 3D (or whatever it might be) that wouldn't be the right job for me, so a bit more info will help get everyone on the same page.

Good luck with your project! Cheers.
Animator Island: A resource for animators featuring weekly tips, tricks, and secrets of animation
JK Riki

Re: Need animator for Youtube Project! *PLEASE READ!*

Postby Car t00n » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Very true Mr.Riki!

"We taught of an animation idea"

more details? How long? what style? I'd be curious to find out
Car t00n

Return to The Business Forum