animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Hi all, long time no forum

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Hi all, long time no forum

Postby coffeecat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:07 pm

It's been a long time. Just wanted to say hi to all the people I used to talk with, bicker with, message with, and those few I've met in person.

After a long long while I wanted to get back to paying attention to Animation Nation again.

Hopefully only a few will regret my return! I pity you.

Coffee Cat
coffeecat

Re: Hi all, long time no forum

Postby skynet » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 pm

So how long has it been?
skynet

Postby coffeecat » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:56 am

Several years. 4 or more. Probably more. It's been about 4 since I quit my job and began freelancing. You learn a lot full time freelancing. About a year and a half ago I partnered up with a fellow freelancer to build more of a company.

While facebook and new "social media" is great... when I think of social media, I think back to my days communicating with the people here on this forum.
coffeecat

Postby Charles » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:26 am

Welcome back coffeecat.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby skynet » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Yeah, welcome back. 4 or more years ago was a while before I showed up. Hope you like the new changes around here.
skynet

Postby coffeecat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Yeah, the site is very very different!

I used to post here all the time. Loved the activity on the boards and the talent that frequented here.

I used to be a loud member! Someone even made a Coffee Cat t-shirt and coffee mugs at the time! I was young and didn't have the cashflow to even grab one. Should have. I was quite honored.

Been doing more animation work again recently and wanted to get back active in related social media again - and Animation Nation was THE place that came to mind.
coffeecat

Postby EAllen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Welcome back! Like you, Coffee Cat, I am "rejoining" after an extended hiatus myself!
EAllen

Postby Charles » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Great having you back here. I remember you from the earlier days of the forums and it's all good stuff. Thanks for returning coffeecat.

EAllen, you're indispensable to AN. It's simply not the same without you. When you're here we all have joy. Hope you'll be around the forums on a more regular basis if possible. Miss seeing you at AN Nights. Maybe you can break away sometime and join us again.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby EAllen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:00 pm

It certainly will be possible Charles, now that I have pulled myself together after one of the most brutal financial and personal experiences I have ever faced.

In the near future I (along with the peeps who helped me, hopefully) will give you the full lowdown on what kept me away for so long!

But again, it's tremendous to see coffee cat back on here again. A little hell-raising here and there can't hurt.
EAllen

Postby MrFun » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:21 pm

It's been too long. Welcome back Coffee Cat.
MrFun

Postby coffeecat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:59 pm

The best online animation community I ever found was at Animation Nation, so it's great coming back and getting active again.

Long focus on starting my own web company - and even making a low budget live action horror movie feature film. That and 3 kids now, etc.

But, recently I developed an even better home office animation set up, and have gotten several decent animation projects in, which have only pushed me all the move towards needing an animation community.
coffeecat

Return to General Discussion