animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Next AN Night - August 31, 2010 with Lenord Robinson

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Next AN Night - August 31, 2010 with Lenord Robinson

Postby Charles » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:52 am

Two weeks from this evening, we'll be hosting another AnimationNation Night in Burbank.

And I'm very happy to report that we'll be having the Big Daddy of Animation as our very special guest!

That's right, animation veteran Lenord Robinson will be with us! A great animator who's been at Disney Features, Ralph Bakshi, Warner Bros, Nickelodeon, Universal, Marvel, and many more studios. His experience in animation goes all the way back to 1976 and he's still going strong.

When it comes to animation, Lenord is a treasure trove, and you wouldn't want to miss a chance to meet this fascinating and charismatic talent.

http://www.bigdaddyanimation.com

AN Night
August 31, 2010

2006 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91506

Look for the Burbank Association of Realtors Building. Go upstairs to the second floor hall.

Doors open at 7 pm.

Plenty of free parking in the lot and on the spacious streets.

Pizza and soft drinks for sale and $5 will get ya fed.

Bring a buck or two for the raffle.

Hope to see you there!

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Next AN Night - August 31, 2010 with Lenord Robinson

Postby Charles » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Great news, everyone. This coming AN Night in Burbank on August 31, in addition to Lenord Robinson, we'll be experiencing the company of long time pro and background designer / modeler / environmental designer / concept artist Philip Dimitriadis - the only and only!

Here's a link to his site:

http://philsdesign.blogspot.com/

That's Lenord Robinson and Phil Dimitriadis this coming AN Night!

Double barrel awesomeness!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:06 am

So awesome! looking forward to this event. I should be in town this month so I will be there!
SNAKEBITE

Postby EAllen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Sounds tremendous!

No guarantees, but I believe I may be able to actually make this one. I don't know yet (at this late point) but chances on my end look really good.

Yet again, another AN Night strong line-up.
EAllen

Postby MrFun » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:23 pm

This sounds great. Lenord Robinson is the man!
MrFun

Postby Sageous » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:08 am

Awesome! Looking forward to this!
Sageous

Postby Charles » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:52 am

Giving this a bump up. AN Night this coming Tuesday evening in Burbank. See above for details.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:29 am

Tomorrow night. Big Daddy Lenord Robinson and Phil Dimitriadis.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:03 am

Another great evening. Lenord and Phil were terrific.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby EAllen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:01 pm

A tremendous honor to meet Lenord and Phil Dimitriadis.

Still recovering from the shock of having a copy of Controlling Illusion signed by Charles, especially considering the circumstances under which this occurred. As I said, Charles, this is officially an heirloom; books like Richard Williams Animator's Survival Kit or Frank and Ollie's Illusion of Life, signed 1st edition copies, become valuable heirlooms handed down to kids and grandkids. There are so few copies of your book, Charles, in existence, even considering the fact that your initial print run could actually be described as "substantial" for an independently published work. And now, I have received what I perceive to be the ultimate honor; a signed copy of a rare book in new condition from the author. Signed of course, with affection!

Among the other things this AN Night which blew me away was another Noah Amrani work, again beautifully signed by Noah, and again I must thank him for handing his work over to me (initially for free, but I insisted on paying him) that I know will be of tremendous value as he begins his inevitable rapid ascent to prominence in this industry.

Happy as always to see Alan Simmons, Bob Gold, Anthony, Adrian Foster, Roger, Chris (always called her "Kat" though, and will continue to call her "Kat" even though she is named "Chris") . . .

If I missed any others, rag on me at e44r32@yahoo.com!

Had the privilege of meeting Tim Kelly, musical score conductor alongside Richard Stone, for many beloved animated series of my childhood like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs and a boatload of others. Tim, I gotta get started on my e-mail to you . . .

Sorry Lenord, if you're reading this, I failed yet again to catch up on your Titan A.E. work . . . we'll make other arrangements . . .

Thanks Bite and Skynet for all your (continued) support. See you all next AN Night!
EAllen

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:17 pm

It was good to be back after a couple months of being MIA...Missed my bruthas in arms, Charles and Adrian. but we're building on new fronts that will connect back with the Nation...good stuff all around. We had our roof top meeting after wards to discuss the night update each other and plan for the future...

The guest kicked ASS! thanks Lenord and Phil. man, you guys are aliens. Lenord vast history and influence and skill set, Phils alien tactics on approaching backgrounds with his rich heritage of teachers. You guys get a big ol RIGHT ON, from this lil Bite right here.Thank you so much for your time and space.

Lots of classy, pretty ladies showing up on a regular now. They know whats up.

Pizza was yummy as always.
and even with all of that there was still plenty of time to talk with each other. People were hanging out until midnight. They didn't want to leave. but they had to.lol I made them. sorry guys, we got more stuff to do for the future fun stuff!!!!

and of course.. always good to see Enoch. He's good people.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion