animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

'The Panda Rabbit' by Randy Rosario

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

'The Panda Rabbit' by Randy Rosario

Postby Charles » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Here's a strange yet intriguing film that's come to our attention.

It's called "The Panda Rabbit" and it comes from the mind and skills of Randy D. Rosario.

It is a mixture of live action, puppetry, animation and stop motion.

The Project started out as a poem but evolved into a 6 minute short film that was completed in a year.

The Panda Rabbit is hybrid animal who is not liked by the normal pandas because he is different. All he wants is someone he can talk to and the only friend he has is his television, but over time it possesses him. He realizes that his TV is not his friend but his biggest enemy and after turning it off completely he is left with boredom and stands outside his window. The Panda Rabbit is soon greeted with a surprise that can change his life.

The Panda Rabbit was shot entirely with a 7d, and edited/animated on Adobe After Effects. Technology has changed the world today and with just a few simple tools a quirky film could come to life.

Amen to that!

Take a look at The Panda Rabbit and feel free to visit the film's supporting sites.

http://www.thepandarabbit.com

http://www.facebook.com/thepandarabbit

Daily Z

Charles

Re: 'The Panda Rabbit' by Randy Rosario

Postby JK Riki » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:30 am

I like aspects of what they did, but man, I feel like so many of these good animated shorts could be GREAT animated shorts with a little more attention to editing. I know how hard it is to cut things you've already done, but sometimes that's what it takes.

I remember seeing an alternate opening for Atlantis: The Lost Empire that was animated, colored, and FINISHED before they cut it completely. And it was the right thing to do. Sometimes you have to let go of all that hard work if it needs to happen. I think this film could have done with a little more film on the editing room floor...

Still some cool stuff to watch in there!
Animator Island: A resource for animators featuring weekly tips, tricks, and secrets of animation
JK Riki

Return to General Discussion