animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

I got a question

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

I got a question

Postby palmtree » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:55 pm

hey it's palmtree again

Ya I know I have way to many questions for all of you and I have another but when you have no one to turn to I need to ask the people I do have access to. so here is my question. most of the charactors in the comic I am writing are all black however when charactors are all black you can't get details like eyes mussles ect. to show esspelly with my coloring ability so I am asking with an all black charactor how do you get the details in as well. I have been looking at pictures and videos of venom and carnage from spider and and that is whatg I want but I can't seem to get my charactors the way I want as you can see from my shadow wing picture I have a wayt to go any suggestions
palmtree

Re: I got a question

Postby Glen Moyes » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Basically, paint it as if it's a very dark gray. Nothing in nature is truly black. Also things in nature don't absorb all light either. It'll reflect a lot of the surrounding colors. If it's shiny it'll reflect a lot, but if it's not shiny it'll still diffuse a fair amount of the natural light.
Glen Moyes

Return to General Discussion