animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Parigot - Short well worth seeing

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Parigot - Short well worth seeing

Postby hcjehg » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:43 am

Hello All

have a look at this

Then check out their site :-D

http://www.parigot-themovie.com/

For now it is basically only front page, the film and contacts..., but I have a feeling they will be putting more stuff up.

In the mean time check out some animatic stuff here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/the_overmind#videoId=xb6u1s

What do you think about these guys?

HC

PS: My first link to this short came from animationsoup
hcjehg

Re: Parigot - Short well worth seeing

Postby Charles » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 am

Wow, this is very impressive. The French are creating some incredible animation. I'm a little unsure as to what's happening storywise at the end of the clip, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of everything else this footage has to offer. Especially appreciate comparing the animatic to the final film. Thanks for embedding the video and posting the links.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby hcjehg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:19 am

Hmmm, perhaps they get their revenge... ??

Now speaking of Pigeons, one should not forget Walter Beckett in Pigeon Impossible:

:D
hcjehg

Postby Davelyman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Interesting seeing those two shorts together. I think Parigot is visually superior, a lot of beautiful environments that I went back and studied. But Pigeon Impossible has a much more compelling story. Awesome stuff the both of those. Thanks!
Davelyman

Return to General Discussion