animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

'Secret Mountain Fort Awesome' debuts on CN tonight

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

'Secret Mountain Fort Awesome' debuts on CN tonight

Postby Charles » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:16 am

If you want to see where animation is heading on Cartoon Network, then check out the new series that debuts this evening in the US.

'Secret Mountain Fort Awesome' will air at 8:30 pm ET/PT.

What's it about? Apparently it involves characters that are too out of the ordinary ugly to live in the normal world, so they have their home underground and embark on special missions that are as nuts as they come.

There's more to read and see at Animation Magazine.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: 'Secret Mountain Fort Awesome' debuts on CN tonight

Postby Charles » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:19 pm

This show is being perceived as badly as I thought it was. The comments on YouTube are all very much in the dislike side of things. I don't know what's wrong with Cartoon Network. They seem to be committed to producing the most unappealing cartoons humanly possible. Maybe this is a formula that's working for them. Who knows.

Another look at SMFA before it airs tonight...

Daily Z

Charles

Re: 'Secret Mountain Fort Awesome' debuts on CN tonight

Postby sorryguyz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm pretty disillusioned with all the TV studios output. Not just CN. But I've come to realize that I am not an 11 year old. I am not the target audience. I don't know what they like. I don't even want to try to know because when I see certain shows become hits that i personally think are horrible I stop questioning it and just accept it for what it is. It's about making money. It's not about the medium or preserving the artform or quality or any of that. At the end of the day it's just a product to peddle to kids.

The same way Pixar has been eating its words after making a Cars 2 just to sell toys. Even when they had said they were never going to make sequels. Most of their projects in development now are sequels. This is the 80's all over again. It's just about selling toys and being filler for the real stars of the show... commercials.

Don't watch tv to see real animation. That stuff is on the internet. There is no executive telling the independent artists what to do. Or choosing to produce something too ambitious on a limited budget. There is no overseas studio getting paid pennies to rush things and remove all semblance of life from the drawings produced here. there are no artists that just phoning it in for a payheck. People that post their own animation online are people who took the time out of their day to make a short film or be creative and no matter how amateur I think it still has more artistic merit because it's done out of the love for creating.

TV is old news.
sorryguyz

Return to General Discussion